Friday, October 9, 2009

Reflection Post: Week 3 & 4

      The third week of Environmental Health I met with Steve for 15 minutes to go over the progress of my blog and to make sure I was understanding how to use everything. During this session I was able to learn a lot more about blogging and even some short cuts. I learned how to schedule a posting so that if I choose to work on an assignment a few days ahead of time I don't have to submit it at that moment. I also learned how to view the people I am following in Google Reader. Google Reader makes posts much easier to find and read.
      The fourth week of Environmental Health the classed played a game quizzing everyone on what we had previously learned. This was a great way to get the class involved and to teach others, the best part was everyone got a prize when they answered the question correctly. From the quiz I learned more about navigating the course homepage. In class we also discussed what we plan to do for our lifestyle changes, I am excited to read about what everyone chooses to do. During the second portion of class we watched An Inconvenient Truth with Al Gore. One thing that I learned from the movie was that 10 out of the last 14 years have been the hottest recorded years. 2005 was the hottest year, this seems to be a trend and one that is not easily fixable. I also learned about how weasel words are used to get people to believe one thing when really it may not be completely true or accurate. This movie was a huge eye opener, especially with a person of political power like Al Gore. Al Gore went public with this information which it appeared the government didn't want people to know about.

Have a great weekend everyone and enjoy the changing colors!

3 comments:

  1. I also learned a lot of interesting facts form the movie An Inconvenient Truth. And I have also been enjoying using Google Reader to vew comments and posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Google reader is very helpful, I am glad we learned how to use this. I also found the movie An Inconvenient Truth very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the post being late. My computer has had many troubles. I also agree google reader is really helpful

    ReplyDelete