Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change Week 1: My SMART Goal

My SMART lifestyle change for the next 10 weeks, is to use reusable water bottles and stop using plastic water bottles. To start out I am going to finish up the 12 plastic water bottles I currently have and not purchase anymore.


What does this look like to you?

My lifestyle change is eco-chic because I will be drinking water out of the facet and not spending money on water bottles that just end up in landfills. This change is also eco-chic because I will be saving on resources and not damaging the earth as much.


Can you tell now?

I chose this behavior because I drink a lot of water, not only is it unsafe for me to continue to refill plastic water bottles it is a waist of resources and money. I feel strongly about changing because this is a bad habit I have always wanted to change but never really took action, until now. I don't even want to add up how much I have spent on water bottles and how many have gone into landfills, it's very depressing how many I have used over the years.


Is this what you expected that sea looking picture  to be?

Today is the beginning of a new day for me! I am going to start today by using my reusable water bottle and slowly get rid of the 12 plastic water bottles I currently have. To do this I am going to drink out of one plastic water bottle per day and when that is gone switch to my reusable water bottle. Another approach I am going to take is when a person staying at my apartment asks for a plastic water bottle I am going to encourage them once they are finished it to get a reusable water bottle and use it. I hope to make this a great change in my life over the next 10 weeks, so much so that I am able to continue using reusable water bottles.



















Blogged for the Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change Week 1 hosted by Amy@Eco-Chic with Amy.



3 comments:

  1. This is awesome. I tried this my freshman year at college and I did good for a few months but than I started to fail. Im sure you will do good though. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a change I need to work on as well. Good luck I look forward to reading about how you do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a really good lifestlye change. I made this change over a year ago actually. I bought a britia filter/pitcher combo and a few nalgene containers and it's worked out great. That picture in your post really is worth 1,000 words.

    ReplyDelete